Tuesday

TUTORIAL: CRYSTAL EARRINGS




Today I have a simple earring tutorial to share! These crystal earrings are really easy to create and they're highly customizable.

This was the earring style my sister taught me how to make years ago when I was first starting out. It's a good beginner piece.







MATERIALS NEEDED:
CHAIN
HEADPINS
HOOKS
DIFFERENT CRYSTALS / different sizes (3mm, 4mm, 10mm, etc)
WIRE CUTTERS
PLIERS







Whenever my friends in university wanted to make earrings for loved ones, this was the pair I usually taught them how to make.

  • Easy to make
  • Colors are customizable (Say your bf's mom's favorite color is green, make her a green pair!)
  • Not too 'in your face'







First, pick out your focal drop. This will be the bead at the end of your chain. I chose purple.








Here I'm trying to find out what length I want them to be. I tend to make these type of earrings shorter.








Once you have your chain figured out, it's prep time. You have your focal bead, now you need to figure out all the accompanying beads.








This is my general color scheme. I have different purple hues, deep pink and one tiny tan crystal.


For the length of chain, I picked out 6 crystals in different sizes/shapes. I also went ahead and stuck them all on headpins.










Take your focal bead and create a loop. Don't close it.








Loop it unto your chain.









So far, you have the backbone.








Then, open your hoop and slide on the chain + a crystal on the top.








This makes it easier to visualize where/how you want the rest of your beads to fall.









For this pair, I wanted a small cluster on the top, a larger one at the bottom, and one lone crystal in the middle.








There is no set layout, I just experimented until I found combinations that I liked. Have fun with it (:




 
 
 
 
 
Keep adding your crystals, and that's it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's a lot of fun to play around with the color combinations.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
I love how all you need are crystals.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks!







3 comments:

  1. I love this project! Just shared it in a DIY Crystal Jewelry round-up! http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2014/03/16-diy-crystal-jewelry-projects_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! I love all your jewelry
    www.daybydaycreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...